Sunday, March 20, 2011

Because I Must

It's nearly the end of March, and I haven't been on the Poetry Bus all month. The business and busyness of living have limited my writing and riding along with my poet friends. An email from the Bus Captain, the TFE, made me realize how I long to be among the great friends I've made here, and so I dashed off this little ditty (who uses that word?) because I must.

The bus is driven this week by Uiscebot, who gives us several orders for this week's poem. You can see them here or maybe just deduce them by reading the poem here...
















BECAUSE I MUST

He said,
You can't go
to the moon,
and I said,
Fly me.

He said,
You can't go
home,
And I said,
Try me.

He said,
You mustn't
rhyme,
and I said,
Is it a crime?
Then give me
the time
to go home
and find
a poem or two
that shuns
the bright moon
or takes you away
to some other day
and to someplace new.

And he said,
That'll do.
Stop this right now
or I won't even link;
it's not worth the ink
or pixels or dots
it takes for Uiscebots
to put this drivel
on his blogspot.

So I sit idly by
and won't even try
to join this fun time
because I must rhyme.
Every time.

So there.


Now, go and read some real poems here. Enjoy the ride!

13 comments:

  1. So there! Eat a bear! I don't care!

    This is a real poem and much fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - thanks for the excellent laugh this morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thumbing your nose is fine! Rhyme away!
    thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll meet you on the skylight,it's nearer the moon anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great combo of last week's rebellion task using instructions of this week to jump off of.
    Fab

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing better than defending rhyme, in rhyme!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen, you really amaze me! Even under pressure you come up with something brilliant.

    This poem reminds me of a stubborn child retaliating against the world around him.

    Your last line: "So there" really made me smile. :D

    Sorry for not being here for such a long time.
    :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, where did my responses go? I actually did respond this time! Now I'm wondering if my comments on your blogs showed up...I'll have to make the rounds to see.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rhyme is fine, all the time, if such charm of personality dwells between the lines. (maybe I better stick to free verse, though!)

    Really good to read here again, Karen. I've missed you bunches.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wait....this isn't a real poem?

    well. magnificently cheeky, even if it's just a ditty. makes me realize how much i've missed it here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute poem... i like all the rhyming words ~

    ReplyDelete